We provide access to two collections of ebooks: 30,000 health care titles from Proquest, and Oxford handbooks and textbooks from Oxford Medicine Online. Scroll down to login. You may also be interested in our list of free, open access medical ebooks.
- The entire Oxford Medicine Online collection of Oxford Handbooks and Textbooks is now available to NHS staff until the end of June 2020. How to login to Oxford Medicine Online.
Titles include: Oxford Handbook of Acute Medicine (2019), Oxford Handbook of Critical Care Nursing (2016), Oxford Handbook of Respiratory Medicine (2014), Mechanical Ventilation: physiology and practice (2017), Medical Ventilator System Basics: a clinical guide (2017).
- M&K have made three of their ebooks open access to NHS staff: click on the image to read the book:
- Taylor & Francis has made a range of ebooks and ebook chapters relevant to COVID-19 available free of charge. Includes chapters from: Human Respiratory Viral Infections; Critical Care Nursing in Resource Limited Environments; Four cases of MERS-COV (from Case Studies in Infection Control); Health Promotion in Disease Outbreaks and Health Emergencies; Making Sense of Lung Function Tests: a Hands on Guide; Molecular and Cellular Biology of Viruses.
- Springer Nature has made over 500 key textbooks across our eBook subject collections available for free, until at least the end of July. There are a number of clinical and non-clinical titles that may be relevant to Acute and Mental Health Trusts, including
Noninvasive Ventilation in High-Risk Infections and Mass Casualty Events (2014)
- Looking for fiction? Hachette UK is offering all NHS staff a free e-book to download. Simply enter your NHS email address, choose a book from the selection available, then validate using the link sent to your NHS email address and create an account. Free ebooks are also available from public libraries in the UK. Find your nearest local library for ebook services
To access our Proquest and Oxford ebooks you'll need an NHS OpenAthens password to access the collections: you can register for this online. Your NHS OpenAthens password links you to your employing Trust and will determine which collection you can access.
- Our Proquest Ebook Central Collection of over 30,000 titles is available to employees and contractors of The Rotherham NHS Foundation Trust, including local GPs, practice staff, commissioners, students and colleagues working in public health and social care.
Click the Login button and enter your Athens password (What is Athens?) to view all titles. eBooks with a green button can be read in full straight-away. eBooks with an orange button can be browsed for five minutes and then requested with a few simple clicks.
Explore our ebooks: you can read them online, download them to your own device, keyword search the whole book, add your own notes, check books in and out 24/7, print chapters and listen to the text aloud. Read our detailed user guide.
We’re adding new single full-text titles to the Ebook Central collection all the time as well as sets of ebooks to support off-site staff and to improve access to in-demand titles. So far we’ve added ebooks on nurse prescribing, general practice and revision and exam guides for doctors in training (NB these books are available to any member of staff). Contact us to suggest an ebook or a set of ebooks for your team or work area.
Oxford Handbooks and textbooks
- 130 Oxford handbooks and textbooks from the Oxford Medicine Online collection, available to all NHS employees in Yorkshire & the Humber (hospital trusts, CCGs and GPs/practice staff).
April 2020: the entire Oxford Medicine Online collection is now available to NHS staff until the end of June 2020. Login here, selecting 'Login via your institution' and then 'NHS in England' before entering your Athens password as below.
- Browse a full list of the available titles