Covid-19: clinical guidelines and guidance for NHS managers
- TRFT Guidelines: Please refer to the COVID-19 policies and guidelines on the TRFT intranet.
- NICE: Resources on COVID-19: including COVID-19 management for various specialties (click on the purple 'Everything we've said' button); rapid guidelines, rapid evidence reviews and MedTech innovation briefings. Nov 2020: Now also includes NHS England and NHS Improvement’s specialty guides on Covid-19.
- NHS England: Coronavirus Guidance for Clinicians and NHS Managers: including Primary Care, Secondary Care, Community Care, and Social Care & Ambulance Services. Includes Guides aimed at specialists working in hospitals in England during the pandemic. Cancer, A&E, Critical Care, Medicine, Surgery, Paediatrics, Obs & Gynae, Radiology, Palliative Care, Musculoskeletal and more.
- Public Health England: COVID-19: guidance for health professionals, including guidance on the assessment and management of suspected UK cases.
- AoA, RCoA, ICS & FICM: centralised guidance hub: Information, guidance and resources supporting the understanding and management of Coronavirus (COVID-19). Multi-professional guidance, information and resources. Includes clinical guidance and training materials for intensive care and anaesthetics.
- Resuscitation Council UK: Statements on COVID-19 CPR and resuscitation.
- WHO: Covid-19 Clinical Management: Living Guidance:
https://www.who.int/publications/i/item/WHO-2019-nCoV-clinical-2021-1 (25th Jan 2021)
Update to previous edition of May 2020. Providing trustworthy guidance that is comprehensive and holistic for the optimal care of COVID-19 patients, throughout their entire illness is necessary. The previous version of the Clinical management of COVID-19 provided recommendations that can be applied when caring for patients during the COVID-19 care pathway. This guideline now also includes Best Practice Statement on caring for COVID-19 patients after their acute illness and 5 new recommendations.
- Guidance from Royal Colleges and other professional bodies on COVID-19:
Resources, eLearning and guidance from royal colleges and other professional bodies across health and social care on COVID-19
Collated by The Knowledge Management Team at HEE. Covers: HPC, Art Therapists, Biomedical Scientists, Chiropodists/Podiatrists, Hearing Aid Dispensers; Medical Royal Colleges, Nursing & Midwifery, OTs, ODPs, Orthoptists, Paramedics, Pathologists, Physiotherapists, Psychologists, Prosthetists/orthotists, Radiographers, SLTs, Resuscitation Council UK, Social Care, CQC.
- COVID-19 Primary Care Resources (Pulse):
'GPs are confronted with a huge amount of information related to Covid 19. This resource has been set up to summarise the key guidance that you will need to use in clinic. This website has been set up to organise the Covid 19 national guidance and key contacts into one clear, clinically designed, easy to search format that GPs can use in clinic. We are not creating clinical guidance, we are simply synthesising guidance from nationally recognised sources, organising and labelling it within a specifically designed web tool to improve access to information for primary care'.
- COVID-19: Allied Health Professionals:
On behalf of the Chief Allied Health Professions Officer for England, the North West AHP Network are producing and hosting regular summary resources for the allied health professions (AHP) workforce. These curate key published national guidance and updates in relation to COVID-19.
- NHS Employers: COVID-19 guidance for NHS workforce leaders
- Health & Safety Executive: Coronavirus (COVID-19) latest information and advice